Deputy Medical Coordinator
Application deadline: 29th June 2022
Industry: International Non Governmental Organization
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
1 - 2 years experience
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley and Mombasa County.
Job Title : Deputy Medical Coordinator
Work Location : Coordination Office - Nairobi
Start date : July 2022
Contract : 12 Months (with 3 months’ probation period)
renewable based on performance)
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Medical Coordinator.
Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including defining, leading and coordinating the entire medical scope of the mission, according to MSF protocols, standards, policies and values, in order to ensure the quality of the medical care given to the targeted population and thus im- proving their overall health and living conditions.
• Supporting the Medical Coordinator in defining, monitoring and updating the medical content of the MSF country policy and annual plan, by scanning health needs and translating them into objectives, priorities and resources needed in order to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk.
• At the request of the Medical Coordinator, representing MSF before third parties concerning medical issues, ensuring its good public image and the alignment with the mission interests, through regular contacts with other actors in the country, negotiating with authorities when necessary, and informing on MSF charter, values and principles
• Participating and contributing in the definition and update of the country policy, annual plan, incl. EPREP and budgets in order to develop the projects and programs aimed at addressing humanitarian issues at stake ensuring its efficiency and quality (i.e. monitoring the project implementation, assisting the Project Coordinator and the medical teams in drafting the project proposal and follow up, identifying priority needs, other potential areas of action and emergency situations and collaborating and assisting in the production of medical reports)
• Coaching, training and motivating the teams in the mission in order to align all field staff with MSF values and ethics, and ensuring their capability to carry out their job achieving MSF quality standards (i.e. induction, briefing/debriefing, training, potential detection)
• • The Deputy Medical Coordinator is an active team member of the medical coordination and of all activities in Kenya by MSF OCG. S/he works closely with the other specialists in the medical team to provide a coherent medical approach in Kenya.
• The Deputy Medical Coordinator is expected to replace the Medical Coordinator during his/her absence.
<td style="width: 100.0%; border-top: solid gray 1.0pt; border-left: none; border-bottom: solid gray 1.0pt; border-right: none; mso-border-t