Application deadline: 30th May 2022
Location: WAJIR, Kenya
3 - 5 years experience
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution
- Registered with The Kenya Pharmaceutical Association
- Practicing License from the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- 3 year working experience in a busy faciliy, preferably a hospital
- Computer literate
- Able to communicate with medical professionals
- Able to work with a team of people from various backgrounds and training
- Excellent customer service skills and empathetic to patients of all ages
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to keep up with pharmaceutical developments and Continuous Medical Education programmes.
- Sound time-management skills.
- Maintain and update personal drug knowledge data base to ensure accurate provision of pharmaceutical care of general disease states as well as specialized knowledge in the assigned area of expertise
- Conduct nursing floor inspections once a month for all ward stock, solutions and patient medication left behind
- Complete documentation of Interventions, Medication errors and Near Miss, Adverse events, Medication queries, Patient complaints or any other incidents and forward to relevant office
- Perform random medication checks daily and Monitor variance levels in your respective satellites.
- Compile daily satellite reports.
- Carry out regular satellite stock-take exercise.
- Report any special indicators allocated.
- Contact the physician immediately for inaccuracy and illegibility in a prescription order, document errors and communicate them to the nursing and pharmacy staff
- Verify expiry dates of drugs prior to dispensing medication to patients/customers.
- Check that every label placed on the medications contains the correct patient name, drug, quantity and directions.
- Compound extemporaneous preparations and mix certain intravenous medications as per laid down procedures.
- Counsel patients on drug administration and use of devices for optimum wellness and recovery.
- Receive, return and update drug credits on the system in a timely manner.
- Deliver drug discharges to patients in the ward where applicable
- Communicate out of stock and non-stock effectively and timely to prescriber and nurse and provide alternative choice or make arrangements to order promptly.
- Receive, verify prescriptions and dispense drugs in a timely manner within approved standards and procedures.
- Comply and observe the environmental health and safety measures and regulations by proper handling, storage and dispensation of medications
- Record, monitor and update the expiry list of medications in timely manner.