Application deadline: 11th April 2021
Industry: International Non Governmental Organization
Location: Dagahaley, Kenya
2 - 5 years experience
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES – SWITZERLAND Kenya Mission
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley and Likoni.
MSF Switzerland is launching the recruitment of a Clinical Officer for the activities in Dagahaley.
Job Title : Clinical Officer
Work Location : Dagahaley Refugee Camp
Duration : 1 year contract (with initial 3 months’ probation period)
Start date : May 2021
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Medical Activity Manager / Hospital Director.
Organizing and ensuring medical consultations to the target population providing treatment to patients within the scope of his/her medical competencies and referring them when appropriate, according to MSF protocols, procedures and the universal hygiene standards in order to guarantee quality and efficiency of the service provided.
• Ensuring the implementation and standardization of MSF clinical policies, tools, and hygiene protocols in order to minimize clinical risks and to guarantee the quality of patient care management. Promoting and maintaining confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records
• Implementing diagnosis, prescription and prevention procedures that fall under the scope of his/her competencies applying medical knowledge, asking appropriate questions to patients and following protocols in force as well as using laboratory services when necessary, in order to ensure a correct implementation of the medical treatments and to refer patients when appropriate.
• Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
• In cases of emergency, carrying out first aid care and treatment according to protocols in order to reduce mortality rates
• Recording in the individual patient’s card and registration books, all performed medical activities (drugsprescribed, lab results, vaccination status, epidemiological activity, doses, etc.) keeping data traceability in order to ensure patients treatment continuity.
• Participating in data collection and reporting when required
• Knowing and implementing Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE), i.e. keeping contact with all patients, providing them information regarding their health state and responding to their questions.
• Knowing and promoting the proper application of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit and Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol.
• Ensure management of the NCD Clinic and proper application of the new patients file and fulfill its requirement stage by stage, where applicable.
• Carry out active surveillance and case reporting of diseases of outbreak potential by ensuring proper diagnosis in line with case definition, correct filling of surveillance forms and information sharing with the supervisor.
• Ensure rational prescription and consumption of essential drugs which are realistic and corresponding to the actual consultation and the protocol
• Ensure all referrals from PHC Facilities are according to the set criteria,stabilized, referral forms dully filled and patients and care takers are well informed of the need and expectation.
• Coordinate and participate in CMEs, prescription audit and case reviews
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 11th April 2021.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
MSF will not consider applications of persons aged 58 years and above and will require medical certificate to ascertain candidates do not have an underlying medical condition to avoid exposure to risk.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)