Deputy Project Coordinator
Application deadline: 9th April 2021
Location: Dagahaley, Kenya
2 - Onward years experience
MSF INTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES – SWITZERLAND Kenya Mission
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley and Likoni, Mombasa Sub County.
Job Title : Deputy Project Coordinator
Work Location : Dagahaley Refugee Camp
Duration : 6 Months
Start Date :ASAP
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Project Coordinator.
The Project Coordinator (PC) delegates ad hoc some responsibilities to the Deputy Project Coordinator according to objective criteria taking into consideration sustainability in the treatment of the different dossiers. In general terms, the Deputy Project Coordinator will assist the PC in planning project's objectives and priorities, by identifying the population's health needs, analyzing the context, risks and constraints, and by calculating human and financial resources needed. He/she will contribute to the supervision, monitoring and follow-up together with the PC of all aspects of the projects in order to ensure its efficient and smooth functioning. He/she will replace the Project Coordinator in his/her absence.
• Contribute to the analysis of the political, humanitarian,economic and social context in project area in order ensure that MSFs charter, policies and image are respected with regards to national employees, populations, authorities and partners.
• Contributes to the planning, supervision, monitoring and follow-up, together with the PC, of all aspects of the projects, according to the project plan, MSF operational policy and main strategic lines.
• Participate in the security management in the project, updating the security guidelines and logbook if required.
• Upon request of the PC, represents MSF within the project limits (local authorities, refugee and host community leaders, media, governmental and non-governmental bodies, etc.) and negotiates collaboration agreements. Legal representation is not delegabel unless legally backed up (powers of attorney, etc.)
• Support the PC in planning and organizing project's human resources, participate in their day-to-day management, in the induction of new staff, undertake evaluation of staff under his/her direct supervision and define training needs accordingly.
• Participate in exploratory missions according to the PC's indications, in order to better comprehend context, priorities, constraints and population needs.
Follow-up of project activities
• Close collaboration/support to the department responsible (Medical, Logistics, HR/Fin)
• Responsible and ensure all communication lines are respected
• Bring departments closer for smooth running of activities & problems solving
• Organize weekly meeting with each department responsible
Provide support on HR complicated cases / issues
• Assist in disciplinary procedures
• Take part In HR conflict solving
• Participate in sensitive recruitment process/interview if requested by HR department
Host community focal point
• Relationship improvement / development linked to MSF activities
• Contribute in potential tension calming , conflict solving
• Organize meetings with community elders on regular bases
Ensure the backup of the second deputy Fieldco when needed
Ensure reporting to the Project Coordinator
Preferably a Medical or Paramedical qualification
Desirable: Degree in Project Management or HR Management.
Essential previous experience of at least two years required in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs.
Essential working experience in developing countries.
Mission language and local language essential
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Strategic vision, leadership, people management and planning.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before 9th April 2021
MSF will not consider applications of persons aged 58 years and above and will require medical certificate to ascertain candidates do not have an underlying medical condition to avoid exposure to risk.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)