International Development (Citizens of East Africa) Consultants: Mass Career Drive
Application deadline: 29th May 2019
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
3 - Onward years experience
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve development outcomes. We apply a customized, customer-centric business approach to offer greater value to our clients.
CAMRIS seeks International Development Consultants to support the upcoming USAID/Kenya and East Africa (USAID/KEA) Evaluations, Assessments, and Analyses program. This program is designed to collaborate with the East African Community (EAC), the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD), and the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) – and with regional private sector and civil society groups to implement solutions to regional development challenges.
We seek the following Global Consultants:
* Monitoring and Evaluation or Research Specialist
* Statistician/Data Analyst
* Economic and Trade/Private Sector/Public Finance Analyst/Insurance Analyst
* Health/Population/Nutrition/HIV-AIDS Analyst
* Agriculture/Environmental/Natural Resource Management Analyst
* Education Specialist
* Democracy and Governance Specialist/CMM/CVE Analyst
* Social Scientist/Gender/Disability Technical Advisor
* Logistics Specialist
* Administrative Support/Data Entry/Program/Logistics
* Human Resource/Human Capacity Development Specialist
* Policy Analyst
* Outreach and Communications Specialist/Editor
*Residents of Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Southern Sudan, Sudan, Djibouti, and Tanzania are encouraged to apply.
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
The USAID/KEA is seeking support in the follow areas:
* To participate or lead in conducting performance evaluations, assessments or studies for USAID/Kenya or USAID Missions in the East Africa region.
* Facilitate, plan and schedule meetings, design evaluations, develop data collection instruments, conduct interviews and focus group discussions, analyze data, present and disseminate research findings, and draft evaluation reports
* At least a master’s degree in economics, international development , statistics, or other related social science discipline or at least 7 years of international development experience
* Fluent English speaker
* Strong English writing skills
Experience in one or more of the following areas:
* Conducting or participating in evaluations in either: economic trade, agriculture, private investment, or microenterprise development; public finance; health/HIV/AIDs; education; youth; democracy and governance; natural resource management/climate adaptation; or gender equality
* Quantitative or qualitative data analysis
* Administering travel, organizing logistics for events
* Developing communication materials with data visualizations, and editing documents
* Facilitating workshops/trainings and other events including
* Conducting quantitative and qualitative data analysis.