Project Pharmacy Manager
Application deadline: 29th April 2019
Industry: International Non Governmental Organization
Location: Mombasa, Kenya
1 - 2 years experience
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES – SWITZERLAND Kenya Mission
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need. In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, MSFCH implements ‘Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare’ services at the Mrima health facility in Likoni, sub-county of Mombasa. The objective of the activities is to increase access to quality SRH and CEmONC services to contribute in improving maternal and newborn outcomes.
Job Title: Project Pharmacy Manager
Location: Likoni, Mombasa County
Start date: beginning of May 2019
Length of contract: 3 months probationary contract with possibility of extension
The selected candidate will be reporting technically to the Project Pharmacy Manager at Coordination & hierarchically to the Project Medical Referent.
Main Tasks include, but not limited to:
§ Participate actively in the definition of annual planning and budgets and their update
§ Responsible for internal and international orders preparation and coordinating the process with all medical departments of the project and the Project Medical Referent and coordination.
§ Overall management of the pharmacy activities such as inventory, updating stock cards, monitoring consumptions, expiration of pharmaceutical products and avoiding overstocking as well.
§ Ensure regular supplies to medical department and replenishing expats medical kit at the base.
- Collecting and preparing accurate data (inventory, consumptions,…), later used by whom may correspond in drawing up the medical orders.
- Ensuring the proper maintenance of the cold chain, in collaboration with logistics team.
§ Monitor correct stock management across pharmacies within project area, to guarantee a good control and up-dated data of stock levels and general control over drugs and medical devices.
- Ensuring pharmacy stock cards and inventories are recorded correctly.
- Tracking movements of drugs and medical devices (entry, exit, destinations) ensuring quality and assessing their conditions, as well as reporting any problem.
- Ensuring that all pharmacy staff knows color and normal aspect of all drugs in order to identify eventual deterioration
- Ensuring correct disposal of expired medicines/products.
§ Ensure, in cooperation with the project logistic manager, storage conditions (e.g. humidity, temperature, light exposure, cleanliness, pest and rodents control, etc.), and that classification and organization of medical and medical material meet MSF protocols
§ Ensure that all hygiene and security procedures are followed in project pharmacies by cleaning, controlling pests and rodents, etc.
§ Supervise the functioning and organization of the project central pharmacy and medical stores in other department of Mrima where pharmaceutical products are supplied., setting the protocols and procedures to be followed by all staff, in order to ensure the quality of the service given to the population and the accurate handling of the products and equipment in terms of hygiene and maintenance of potency. .
§ Report on drugs consumptions and medical supplies dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns of usage.
§ Carry-out all the reporting tasks associated to his/her field of action and responsibility, ensuring its consistency and accuracy, in order to support the decision-making by his/her supervisor.
§ Ensures that all pharmacy staff uses required clothes and equipment according to protocols, i.e. white coat, gloves, etc.
§ Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.)
Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
· Pharmacists with diploma/degree from recognized institutions. He/she must be registered with Pharmacy and Poisons Board Kenya, and hold a current practice licence.
· Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a pharmacist and minimum 1 years’ experience with MSF in related position;
· Strong interpersonal skills, strong initiative, flexible, results oriented, able to handle complex assignments with proactive attitude
· English & Kiswahili fluency, written & spoken
· Organized, autonomous and attentive to details
· Punctual, reliable and flexible to work long hours when required
· Computer literacy with practical use of MS-Office applications is an advantage
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter, copies of certificates/diplomas and current registration documents on or before 29th April 2019;
If you face any difficulties applying, please email email@example.comWarning
Do not apply for the job using the support email