Application deadline: 21st May 2019
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
2 - 4 years experience
The European Commission’s Directorate General for Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid (DG-ECHO), is the European Commission Department responsible for financing humanitarian assistance. ECHO finances a range of partners, which include NGOs, UN agencies and the Red Cross Movement, to provide assistance to people affected by both natural and manmade disaster.
1. Duties & Responsibilities
· As a part of a dynamic team, the Administrative Assistant will ensure an efficient operational and financial support to the assigned team, and an effective coordination with other interlocutors, through appropriate secretarial, financial & administrative duties by undertaking the following tasks:-
· Provide general administrative and secretarial support including drafting correspondence, reports, tender and contract preparation, emails etc;
· Provide clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing, and maintaining a proper electronic filing system;
· Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, travel arrangements as well as minute taking;
· Maintain a schedule for staff for leave, absences, training and missions;
· Follow up protocol issues (visa’s, travels and work permits, stay permits, car registration);
· Maintaining office stock, stationery and supplies and inventory management
2. Required Skills & Qualifications
· A relevant secondary education or equivalent commercial school. Minimum Secretarial Diploma;
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
· Very Good drafting skills;
· Knowledge in accounting will be an advantage;
· Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills;
· Capable of working under pressure, both in a multitasking position and in a multicultural environment;
· Previous experience in an International Organisation or NGO is an advantage;
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
· Good communication skills; fluency in English (speaking & writing);
A detailed List of competences and Terms of reference are available at https://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/nigeria/area/jobs-funds_en
DG ECHO applies a policy of equal opportunities. Our recruitment policy is based on respect for diversity, maintaining the gender balance, as well as the balance between professional and private life, and support for training and development opportunities.
The position is open to nationals and other residents of Nigeria with a valid working permit. The contract is initially for one year with the possibility of renewal depending on performance and subject to a 3 months’ probationary period.
As an indication, the monthly basic salary corresponding to 5 years relevant experiences is NGN 355,512 (subject to Nigerian tax law).
The salary will be adapted according to the exact duration of relevant professional experience supported by work certificates or work contracts.
In addition to this, the employee will also receive disability/retirement allowance, 13th month salary as well as a medical coverage.
3. How to Apply
Applications must comprise of
- Your updated resume max 3 pages;
- Academic and employment certificates certified true copy by the applicant;
- A one-page motivational letter setting out the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the position;
- The name, position and contact number/details (telephone, e-mail) of three references, one of them being from the last employer.
Applications which do not meet minimum requirements will be automatically rejected.
Applications should be uploaded through http://uhired.me/job/300 by 21 May 2019, 6pm local Abuja time. The vacancy reference must be clearly indicated in the subject line.
Candidates who have not been contacted by 30 June 2019 should consider that they have not been pre-selected. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as grounds for disqualification.
<!-- [if gte mso 9]> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden