Accounting and Grants Officer
Application deadline: 21st December 2018
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
3 - Onward years experience
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: Finance Assistant
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
GRANTS MANAGEMENT & REPORTING
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Accounting qualifications- CPA (K) or ACCA.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar finance role.
· Experience working with an ERP, preferably Navision.
· Extremely detail oriented;
· Knowledge of non-government, foundational and corporate donor accounting;
· Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines and be able to manage multiple priorities.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES.
· Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills;
· Integrity: Honest, above reproach and appropriate in actions / behavior and transparent in conduct.
· Result Oriented/ Focused: Ability to consistently meet set goals. Focused and goal oriented and takes initiative.
· Professionalism: Application of ethics, principles, standards and expertise in all areas of work.
· Teamwork, Interpersonal Relations: Works well with others and listens to their opinions to achieve the desired goals.
· Multi-cultural fit & Respect for Diversity: Ability to work effectively, respectfully and inclusively with people from different backgrounds and with different perspectives is critical for all staff members.
· Communication: Ability to express oneself, share and exchange information clearly and in a timely style.
· Innovation & Creativity: Ability to generate new ideas and ways of working to continuously improve existing work processes, practices, concepts
OTHER: This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected of an incumbent. The job holder will be expected to work to agreed objectives, which should facilitate achievement of the responsibilities in accordance with the performance review process.