Application deadline: 16th December 2018
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
5 - Onward years experience
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is to bring lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and Western Africa providing services to over 30 countries. Employing over 1000 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $120 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners.
The Business Development Unit is part of the programme section and provides oversight, coordination, systems, support and advice to the organisation regarding business development and programme growth in line with the organisation’s vision, mission and strategic priorities and in a manner consistent with its values.
Overall Job Description
Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor for CEFM and FGM/C and in collaboration with other team members, the Communications Specialist will be responsible for the development and adaptation of branding and Information and Education Communications (IEC) materials, leading comprehensive documentation and dissemination of project activities and successes, support and lead research as needed, and supporting regular project and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) reporting;, while adhering to the donor (USAID) and Amref Health Africa regulations and requirements.
- At least five years of relevant experience supporting communications related to community health programming preferably in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), gender equality, or abandonment of FGM and Child Marriage programming, social work or other relevant areas
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design, audio/visual production and web content development
- Experience supporting communications for USAID or other U.S. Government -funded projects is a plus
- Bachelor Degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in writing and editing performance reports and creating project documentation products (fact sheets, brochures, newsletter articles, technical briefs, success stories).
- Experience in proposal/grant writing is a plus.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite or other desktop publishing software (
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with diverse groups of people.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their motivation letter and Curriculum to email@example.com with the subject line: REF: Amref/BD/2018/01-18