Application deadline: 19th October 2018
Location: Dagahaley, Kenya
2 - 15 years experience
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES – SWITZERLAND, Dadaab Programme
Based in Dagahaley Refugee Camp
The objective of our project is to provide primary and secondary level of health care to the Refugees in Dagahaley refugee camp. MSF provides a full package of medical care through 4 primary health care units and 1 hospital (100 beds) with 24 hour emergency and OT.
Health services include curative, preventative, nutritional activities and emergency preparedness and intervention with partners. The selected candidate will be reporting technically to the hospital director and hierarchically to the Hospital Director
Start date: Immediately
Package: Attractive salary package on offer with additional benefits including comprehensive health cover.
Contract duration: 12 months fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on performance (includes 3-month probationary period)
The job activities include but are not limited to;
• Ensuring the implementation and standardization of MSF clinical policies, tools, and hygiene protocols in order to minimize clinical risks and to guarantee the quality of patient care management. Promoting and maintaining confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records
• Implementing diagnosis, prescription and prevention procedures that fall under the scope of his/her competencies applying medical knowledge, asking appropriate questions to patients and following protocols in force as well as using laboratory services when necessary, in order to ensure a correct implementation of the medical treatments and to refer patients when appropriate.
• Participating in the planning and supervision, in close coordination with other supervisors, the HR processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the team in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people triage capabilities, their motivation and commitment and their active participation in teaching the targeted population on therapeutic and preventive protocols.
• Carry out first aid care and treatment according to protocols in case of an emergency in order to reduce mortality rates
• Record in individual patient’s card and registration books all medical activities (drugs prescribed, lab results, vaccination status, epidemiological activity, doses, etc) performed keeping data traceability in order to ensure patients treatment continuity.
• Participate in data collecting and reporting when required
• Know and implement Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE), i.e. keeping contact with all patients, providing them with information regarding their health state and responding to their questions.
• Know and promote the proper application of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit and Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol.
• Apply medical knowledge and skills in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention (helped by clinical examination and available laboratory investigations) of diseases in all patients coming to the TB/HIV CLINIC in accordance with MSF protocols. Ensure all patients meet the admissions criteria & proper health education is provided..
• Support the hospital departments in review & follow up of admitted suspected/confirmed TB/HIV patients.
• Run the activities of Insulin-dependent diabetic management clinic, including follow up of the home based insulin management.
• Actively participate in the projects quality of care activities such as CMEs,Case re-views, Mortality audits & rational prescription audits.
• Timely preparation of departmental activity reports. Monitor the TB/HIVactivities, analyses them in the context, with a public health approach and make propositions of possible evolution if necessary
• Supervise, motivate and train a multidisciplinary health team and more particularly staff carrying out medical activities (formal and informal training) on TB/HIV
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Essential Clinical Officer Diploma
Desirable previous clinical supervision experience of at least a minimum of two years
Essential local language- English and Kiswahili.
Desirable computer literacy
Competences Result, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 19th, October 2018.
We apologize that due to the volume of applicants we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)