Impact Investing Analyst
Application deadline: 18th October 2018
Industry: Corporate Finance/Investment
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
2 - 3 years experience
Okavango Capital Partners aims to generate competitive returns by targeting investments that combine strong commercial fundamentals with active opportunities to empower rural communities and strengthen ecosystems. It plans to make investments in the food security, climate technologies and domestic nature tourism sectors across Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Zambia. Okavango has also established long-term strategic partnerships with the African Wildlife Foundation and Conservation Capital to enhance the team’s expertise and networks.
Okavango is seeking high performing individual who will support the overall investment process, from both commercial and impact perspectives by identifying investment opportunities, developing strategies to enhance value, and performing analytical and modeling efforts. The role will be part of a team of seasoned investment and impact professionals and work closely with Okavango Capital’s senior team and conservation experts at the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF). This position will be based in Okavango Capital’s HQ, located at the AWF offices in Nairobi.
· Conducts research, analyzes and evaluates a combination of impact, industry, investment environment, competitive and valuation analysis for new and existing investment opportunities.
· Evaluates prospective deals for impact potential, liaising regularly with AWF staff to engage appropriate conservation and rural livelihoods expertise throughout the investment process.
· Prepares with management reviews, industry overviews, expected return scenarios, and presents findings to partners. Leads extensive independent work in the development and preparation of impact and financial (including acquisition, M&A and credit modeling) models.
· Performs due diligence in evaluating new and existing investment opportunities, including past performance, and evaluating the expected investment merits and risks.
· 2 to 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in an international investment banking private equity, institutional investing, big-four accounting or other applicable setting.
· Enthusiasm and interest in Okavango’s conservation mission.
· Knowledge and/or experience in East Africa a must.
· Undergraduate degree required from reputable institution; MSc or MBA from a prominent business school considered a plus; Additional qualifications are an asset, including CA, and/or CFA (or enrollment in program).
· Ability to develop complex financial models.
· Strong understanding of applied investment and valuation analysis.
· Self-starter, team-oriented, detail-oriented, and proven ability to perform in high-stress environment.
Interested candidates are invited to view full Job Description and apply through http://www.awf.org/about/careers/. Please send a cover letter, your detailed CV and a writing sample as a single PDF document indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees with the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Given the urgency in filling this position, candidates will be screened on an ongoing basis and closed once position is filled.