Application deadline: 14th February 2018
Industry: International Non Governmental Organization
Location: Dagahaley, Kenya
Experience: 0 - 2 years
The objective of our project is to provide primary and secondary level of health care to the Refugees in Dagahaley refugee camp. MSF provides a full package of medical care through 4 primary health care units and 1 hospital (100 beds) with 24 hour emergency and OT. Health services include curative, preventative, nutritional activities and emergency preparedness and intervention with partners.
Package: Attractive package on offer with additional benefits including comprehensive health cover. Supportive learning environment within a large, dynamic International Medical Humanitarian Organization with dedicated career paths for proven staff.
Contract duration: 12 months fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on performance.
Main Tasks include:
- Conduct daily ward rounds on all patients in Adult ward (Both Medical & Surgical).Ensure timely emergency review of patients in this department when needed/indicated.
- Ensure timely review of all ER emergency cases.
- Conduct bi-weekly General outpatient clinic for cases booked in ER (Electives).
- Perform all surgical procedures for patients in Adult ward & ER (outpatient cases) in accordance with the MSF Dagahaley surgical theatre capacity list.
- Actively participate in the projects quality of care activities such as CMEs, Case reviews, Mortality audits & rational prescription audits. Provide technical support to palliative care clinical officer.
- Emergency preparedness team member: Attend to any mass emergency/casualties in the project area.
- Actively participate in disease surveillance and reporting by ensuring timely reporting of diseases of outbreak potential or any abnormal disease pattern noted.
- Ensure on job and theoretical training to the Clinical officers and nursing team in the department in collaboration with the Hospital Director &/Nursing activity manager.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Kenyan national
- Preference to Recognized Medical Doctor Degree.
- 2 years post graduate experience related to the degree (preferably tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, AE, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- A minimum of 1 year experience with MSF preferably or with other INGO
- Registered and licensed to practise by the Kenya Medical and Dentists Board.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong initiative, able to handle complex assignments with proactive attitude, organized, autonomous and attentive to details.
- Due to the nature of the work, an ability to speak Somali could be a strong advantage
- MSF Switzerland Kenya
Share this job to your network.